Thursday, May 19, 2016

Inspiration

Second Life for me is like a Barbie dream house.  I log in to shop, chat and play dress up...and when I chat, it is usually all about the dress up lol.  So, yea I spend a lot of time trying on demos, shopping, organizing my inventory and putting together looks.  I don't really have any particular set way that I go about things when playing dress up, I generally just sort of go with the flow. Sometimes I am inspired by a song, or a pop culture look, even inspired by my fellow bloggers and fllickrites.

Sometimes I am inspired by certain items I acquire in SL.  This was the case last night...3 things in particular caught my attention for most of the evening.  I am totally in love with these shoes from Empire, this hair from Rezology and the lipstick applier from the Genesis Ingrid gacha. I originally wanted to do something kind of Sci Fi noir, a Bladerunner inspired look I suppose. But because I was enjoying trying on all sorts of things with these items, I pretty much lost track of time..and my original themed idea got lost a long the way.  That happens a lot with me, lol.  So I decided to go ahead and snap shots of a few of my fave looks combined with all 3 items I was obsessing over:)

Ok now you have a small glimpse of how my mind works when playing SL dress up.  I am always wondering how others go about it, how they come up with their looks and styles. It is so interesting to me.

Okies.... I am done being chatty chatty lol, here are some pics!



Items Used in All Pics:
Body: Maitreya Lara 3.5
Head: Genesis Liu (Rare Gacha - mainstore)
Eyes: IKON Triumph Eyes - Nymph
Lipstick: 15 HUD Genesis GEOMETRY MATTE Ingrid gacha (Darkstyle Fair)
Eyeliner:~Shiny Stuffs~ Genesis Liu Make Up Appliers
Hair: rezology Victory Rolls 
Shoes: #EMPIRE - Crocus 
Necklace1: MONS / MESH - Choker (FREE - group gift)
Necklace2: MG - Necklace - Hula Lula Set
Earrings: MG - Necklace - Hula Lula Set

Items Listed From Left to Right:

1st Look:
Jacket: Mimikri - Alba Fur Jacket black
Lingerie: erratic / eden - lingerie / noir SET (maitreya) 

2nd Look:
Dress: -tres blah- Belted Shift (Luxebox)

3rd Look:
Dress: Addams // Vera Tight Holes Dress // Black
Tattoo: The Ivory Rose Beautiful Dreamer

4th Look:
Top: dami crop (FREE - The Chapter 4 gift)
Pants: F.A.T Daiki Suspender Pant (Black Stripped) (Mens Standard fit)

5th Look:
Top: Blueberry - Luxe Box - Leign Bustiers
Skirt: Tee*fy Blossom Ruffles Shorts - Black (Maitreya)

I love Big Bang and G Dragon both for their style and music.  G Dragon's amazing style always inspires me....so I chose the Crooked video because of course the song is fantastic, but also really shows off his sense of style.





No comments:

Post a Comment